Explore the outer coast of Banks Peninsula and Pohatu marine reserve by kayak, marvel at its spectacular towering cliffs, rock stacks, reefs, and deep sea caves and encounter its unique wildlife.
Flea Bay Island and the impressive island arch make an added exciting attraction in settled sea conditions. Observe the diverse wildlife and marine species such as penguins, seals (and their pups), various sea birds and possibly the world’s smallest and New Zealand endemic dolphin!
Best of all, no kayaking experience necessary! Trips are only run in settled, safe conditions by experienced and knowledgeable guides.
- Scenic drive by 4WD mini vans from Akaroa
- Photos stops along the way with commentary about the area
- Fully guided kayak trip by qualified and experienced staff
- All kayaking gear (life jackets, dry jackets, spray deck, dry bags for cameras…)
- 100% guarantee to see New Zealand Fur seals
Why is this Chuffed Worthy?
The outer Akaroa Harbour is remote and stunning. And a guided tour with the experts at Pohutu will help you understand this while keeping you safe. It’s these type of experiences, and the opportunity to connect people who would never otherwise consider it, that is the fundamental basis of what Chuffed is trying to achieve.