Situated on picturesque Lake Wakatipu’s south-western shores, Walter Peak High Country Farm is an idyllic place to spend a relaxing few hours. The farm tour itself is a wonderful, interactive experience, with something to keep everyone entertained and happy.
You will be greeted by a rural host upon disembarking your boat transport – the TSS Earnslaw, who will take you to the amphitheater, where you will watch the remarkable skill with which the farm dogs round up sheep from the paddocks.
You will have time for a walking tour of the farmyard, visiting the holding pens, where you can help feed the sheep and deer and even get up close to the Scottish Highland Cattle. Then a stroll to the charming old wool shed for morning or afternoon tea. You may have time to stroll through the lakeside gardens before you re-board the TSS Earnslaw for your cruise back to Queenstown.
Things you should know
- Includes return cruise on board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw to/from Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Includes a guided walking tour of the farmyard to view and feed sheep, deer, cattle and alpacas
- Demonstrations of sheep dogs working
- Enjoy morning or afternoon tea including scones, cakes and slices freshly baked at the farm
- There’s time to relax in the lakeside gardens, in the sunny courtyards or peruse the gift shop for a memorable take home souveni