Take a 15 minute cruise from Picton waterfront to Lochmara lodge, where a whole bunch of family activity options await! Use the kayaks or paddleboards at your leisure, swim in the pristine waters, or explore the surrounding native bush. There is an on site café with a children’s menu available too! For a little extra, you can opt to join a tour with Lochmara’s underwater observatory including stingray feeding & a seaside touch tank!
This family experience includes:
- Boat Cruise to Lochmara Lodge with possible Marine mammal and sea birds (little blue penguins) viewing enroute
- Free use of the kayaks and stand-up paddle boards
- Safe swimming beach with play equipment
- See the native Kakariki’s, pigs and chickens being fed
- Explore Lochmaras 11 acres of art and nature trails
Why is this Chuffed Worthy?
Alex from Chuffed was fortunate enough to have a family Bach in the Marlborough Sounds growing up, just a few bays around from Lochmara Lodge. When we were adding South Island partners in 2021, his memories of exploring the Bush & water around the lodge made adding these guys a no brainer! A hugely popular option for couples, friends & families, Lochmara is super special & needs to be experienced to be fully appreciated!