A day sailing on R Tucker Thompson is one of the few opportunities to go sailing on a working tall ship, in one of the most spectacularly beautiful parts of New Zealand, the Bay of Islands.
With the wind behind you, this is one of the most environmentally friendly ways to see the Bay; you can be sure your carbon footprint is minimal. Better still, with profits made from tourism going to support youth development, your day out is going to a good cause.
Your day sailing includes:
- Freshly baked scones and cream tea from the galley
- Chance to take the helm, hoist the sails or climb the rigging
- Island stopover in sheltered bay (relax, swim, or explore ashore)
- Delicious BBQ lunch served on board
- Licensed cash bar on board with local wines and beers
- Share stories with the friendly crew
- Free ferry transfers to Russell on any ferry