A unique opportunity to participate as crew on an actual America’s Cup yacht. Usually the domain of billionaires and elite professional sailors, this offers everyone and anyone the opportunity to sail these grand-prix racing machines with no experience necessary.
With guidance from the professional crew you will become part of the team sailing this authentic race vessel. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or sit back relax and enjoy the action sailing the beautiful Waitemata Harbour.
The experience includes:
- Participation in sailing as part of the crew, taking the helm or exert energy on the grinders
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the view of the city from the water
- Enjoy an informative commentary from the knowledgeable crew about the harbour, the America’s Cup and all the history that goes with it
- You’ll be provided a high quality wet weather jacket provided if raining
- The experience lasts 2 hours
Why is this Chuffed Worthy?
With Amercia’s Cup sailing so ingrained in our culture we thought this experience was such a great match for Chuffed. The fact you can get hand’s on, feel the power of the yacht when you take the helm, understand how hard the grinding is and feel the pace these boats travel makes this a highly memorable experience. When we tried it, it gave us a huge appreciation for how skilled our world famous sailors are.