Opened in 2019, this experience is based at at the Sky City Precinct in Auckland and is designed to give you the most in-depth appreciation of what it is like to be a New Zealand All Black.
The experience itself is a 90 minute state-of the art guided encounter that showcases the All Blacks through the latest innovation and technology. This full sensory and interactive experience allows New Zealanders to celebrate and understand New Zealand’s rugby heritage, achievements and culture.
We thought the best way to highlight the best parts of the experience was to take the words of Ed Burak, the All Blacks Experience designer as to what her thought the top highlights are for visitors:
- The Haka – take in the full force of the Haka through a 4 metre high screen experience that draws you in from the first moment. As close as you will come to facing the real thing.
- Test your rugby skills – In a hands on interactive zone you’ll be able to match your kicking, passing, lineout and accuracy skills against those of actual All Blacks – and discover where your talents truly lie.
- New Zealand’s Rugby Story – you’ll immerse yourself in the history, culture and people that have made the All Blacks such an icon in New Zealand and the world
- Legends of the Game – Hear directly from past and present legends of the game and discover their stories, moments and matches.
- Performing under pressure – through the use of technology and innovation you will get insights and direction from coaches and players to understand what it is like to perform under pressure in a high performance team
- Black Ferns, Maori All Blacks and All Blacks Sevens – this experience is not just about the All Blacks – but a homage to all those that wear the black jersey and represent New Zealand with dignity, strength and skill to be the best of the best.
Why is this Chuffed Worthy?
We think it’s great there is now an experience where New Zealander’s can go and really get a in-depth understanding of our national game and it’s importance in the cultural identity of New Zealanders. So when All Blacks Experience approached Chuffed and asked if they can be part of our gift packages we thought it was a perfect fit. We also like the fact it is in a central Auckland location so you can wrap a day of exploring the CBD around a visit to the All Blacks Experience.